Wednesday, June 10, 2009

HAWAII

Scott and I took a trip to Hawaii kidless!!!! We had an amazing time. We stayed with my friend Holly...we had a blast with her. While we were there, our plan was to eat at as many different and unique places as we could. I will number them throughout the blog. There are so many photos so brace yourselves.

Here we are on the airplane on our way.

#1 Here's the first place we ate...well Scott at here. It was on the side of the road on the North Shore.

Here's the offical sign.

#2Ted's Bakery...this is where I ate. I hear they have the best pies too!

This is the Jeep we rented.

This is my dear friend Holly. I miss you already!!!

We rented surf boards on the military base....thanks for hookin' us up Holly & Ezra.

#3Cholo's is the best mexican restaurant. Their food was so delicious.

We went snorkeling at Shark's Cove.

I'm just walking to the car near Shark's Cove.

We hiked Maunawili Falls with Holly...it is the most gorgeous hike.

Maunawili Falls Hike-Nice foliage.

Maunawili Falls Hike-I love that tree.

Maunawili Falls Hike-Spiderman.

Maunawili Falls Hike-Check out all the roots.

Maunawili Falls Hike-Nice view.

Maunawili Falls hike-I love the red dirt.

Maunawili Falls Hike-Bamboo.

Maunawili Falls Hike

Maunawili Falls Hike-Here's teh actual waterfall. If you look close, you see Scott climbing at the top right of the photo.

Maunawili Falls-Scott getting ready to jump.

Sorry it's sideways. Here I am cliff jumping.
It was the scariest hike to get to the spot where you jump off.

Maunawili Falls

Hanama Bay-We had a great time snoreling there.

#4Yes, Cholo's again...it was so good, we had to eat there twice!!!

Cholo's-See, doesn't it look good!

Cholo's

#5Motsumoto's have the shaved ice....so good.

Matsumoto's

Motsumotos-Here's the actual hole in the wall building.

#6Hukilau Cafe-This place brought back so many memories...and so yummy!!

We went kayaking on the ocean in Kaneohe Bay. Here's Scott all ready to go.

Here's Holly and I. Look how far out we went into the ocean. We paddled out to some sand bars. I was so scared a shark was going to eat us for lunch.

Here we are at the sandbars.

#7Teddy's Bigger Burger in Kailua-this place had phenomenal burgers....we ate here twice too...it was SOOOO GOOD!!!

This is a driveway on the side of Kamehameha Highway. Scott commented on them everytime we drove by so I made him stop and check it out.

Here's another angle from the bottom.

Here's Chinaman's hat just from the side of Kam Highway.

Scott is in the blue shorts(it's hard to see).
Scott's cliff jumping at Wiamea Bay...Good times and good memories.

Wiamea Bay---soakin' up the sun! This is my favorite beach in Hawaii!!

#8Macky's in Haleiwa.

Macky's-Scott thought all these po-dunk joints on the side of the street had really good seafood.

Macky's-There's a look at his plate.

Here's a shot of the vaca beard...I love it!!!

#9Scoop of Paradise in Haleiwa-Not a fan of this place, 3/4 of the ice cream was out...but it made the list nonetheless.

Here's Scott going out to body surf at Sunset Beach just after sunset. I love this shot of Scott.

This is on the side of Ted's Bakery. I guess we hit this place up twice too.

Here we are in our jeep cruisin the island.

We went fishing and this guy grilled us some hotdogs on our way out. You can see Honolulu in the background.

Here is a view of Honolulu, Waikiki, and Diamond Head from our boat.

Here's a bunch of surfers we passed on our way out.

The clouds were so awesome, I had to get a shot ot them. This was one of the poles we use to bring in the "BIG FISH."

Here's Scott getting ready.

Here's my first catch of the day....isn't he cute.

Here's the second catch...it was the coolest looking fish.

Here's the third catch...I was so pumped. Look at the awesome tropical color.

Here's a look at everyone's catch.

On our way in, they grilled up all the fish we caught.

Doesn't that look awesome....grilled up right on the boat.

They started looking all different colors, but after they were cooked they were all black.

Here was my fish.

I wish I remember what it was called, but Scott said it just tasted average.

We sure had a great time.

Here's the offical sign...it was actually called 955-FISH.

Here's a view of the boat.

#10Haleiwa Joe's in Kaneohe.

Haleiwa Joe's-There was a walk you could go on while we waited for our table.

Haleiwa Joe's

Haleiwa Joe's-In the background, you can see the restaurant.

Haleiwa Joe's-Couple shot.

Haleiwa Joe's-sweet tree.

#11Farrel's Ice Cream Parlour-This place was CRAZY...we were laughing the whole time.
THE END FOR NOW!

12 comments:

sheila said...

WOW Tami! What a trip. That was some great posting. It totally made me miss Hawaii- and my husband is jealous you got to fish and eat fish too. Thanks for the great pictures. I miss Hawaii. BUT, we'll be back soon enough. Can't wait for the rest of your trip posting

Katie said...

Man, we were just there in September--but it makes me want to go back! Glad you had FUN!!

Kelley Gubler said...

Wow! I'm jealous. Looks like so much fun! Casey and I will be going on a cruise to the s.carribbean in a few months....with no kids!

The Shoemate's said...

That made me so jealous!!!! But Im so happy for you guys. Anna and I are going to fly out when William comes back in about a year... I CANT WAIT!

The Mursets said...

I'm so jealous. Looks like a lot of fun.

Tyler

Jodi and Josh said...

Super jealous!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

looks like a freakin blast! so happy you guys could get away, sure deserve it!!! *cami

Brooke said...

Man, now I really miss Hawaii!! It looks like you guys had an absolute blast. I love the snippets under each photo--so much more fun to read/enjoy that way. ALOHA!!

Michelle said...

Fun! We were there last February and I still miss that shaved ice.

Sarah said...

Nice!!! What a sweet trip. You guys did nearly everything I want to do in Hawaii when I'm kidless. kayak, surf, snorkel, fish - I would want a helicopter ride. And then there's the food. This post alone may just seal the deal for our November plans :)

Maile Fano said...

can't believe how long it has been. I am suprised you didn't go golfing at Kahuku golf course for golfing memories. HAHA :) It brings back so many memories. Matsumotos is definitely the best shaved ice ever. Ted's Bakery does have really good pie especially the choclate haupia. YUM, YUM! I am making myself hungry.

clayshubin said...

Man... You guys completely rocked it on this trip. Strong work!!!