Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sad Day in the Nelson Home...

So I gave Dallin a little hair cut just even up his hair a little. Jake gets these little clippers that make noise and gets Dallin's attention while I cut his hair. I told Jake to move to the other side of the bathroom so Dallin would switch positions...he moves where the noise it. I told Jake to just turn them on and hold them(I know...what was I thinking)...one second later, this is what happened. At first Jake thought it was the coolest thing until I started shaving his head, then he started balling...it was a sad moment for us all.

I was in shock when I saw this, but I had to get the camera.

I thought this was the only spot until I shaved his head.

He seriously thought it was so cool...while I was almost in tears.

All the hair.

See the two spots and yes, he's crying now.

Here's a better view.

He was so upset!!!

Sorry Ms Michele, Jake was just too upset to make it to speech today..plus, this happened 10 minutes before we had to leave...we'll see you on Thursday.

16 comments:

The Mursets said...

How sad! At least boys hair grows pretty quickly.

Brooke said...

This is classic! Poor guy, but great memories. :)

Brooke said...

This is classic! Poor guy, but great memories. :)

sheila said...

Thats probably a sad moment, but it was funny. I remember when I cut my hair. I wanted bangs and I got stubbs on my forehead.

Maile Fano said...

Tami, this is just freakin' hillarious. I am really laughing. I thought my hair being cut was horrible, but not that bad.

The Hokansons said...

Wow... something to look forward to I guess. :-) He's still one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen!

Katie said...

Poor Jake! He looks good with a buzz. I love all the fun Decemeber photos too :)

The Yoder's Five said...

Ha, ha! Oh, that's so sad and funny at the same time. Madelyn is still growing out the haircut she gave herself last August...at least it wasn't quite that drastic!

Sarah said...

oooh - poor Jake. And to think that it was only a few weeks ago that he was sporting the super cool shaggy look. then a nice haircut... then a self-cut

The Shoemate's said...

boys will be boys :+)! hopefully you didnt cry tooo much he is still adorable!

Rischel said...

Tami!!
I seriously love the shaved look. I think Owen might have curls so I won't be shaving his head, but I think it's adorable on little boys. I can't help but drool over your middle boy...mind blank on his name..but I LOVE THE COMBOVER!! That is also another one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is too funny! Sad, but really funny! I'm still laughing!!!

Heather said...

that is too funny! Here is the blog to that photographer
www.annamariephotography.blogspot.com


she said she could send you a price list if you wanted too!

Heather said...

Ah bummer. Well.. I guess he'll never do that again! :) sorry for the trauma.. give it two weeks and it'll be back to normal.

Rose said...

Tami! I was just thinking about our good times in HR this past summer and how much a I really enjoyed our few little hang outs. Well I just remembered that I had your blog address and I have just caught right up on your little life! Hope thats ok! Looks like you guys are doing well. Your boys are all so handsome, I secretly hope that someday we might get Dallin and Grace together;) maybe at an efy or something.

Keep in touch!
Rose

Brooke said...

I love those pics. we luckily have not had any hair cutting incidents (knock on wood!!!!) love u guys!!!