Sunday, November 27, 2011

Jake & Layton's Triathlon

This was Jake's 2nd Triathlon and Layton's 1st. I am so proud of my boys. They both did awesome!!!!
Jake was 15 and Layton was 16.
Pre-Race
Pre-Race


The brothers pre-race.
Jake and Layton raced with one of their buddies Connor.
Waiting in line for his turn.
L's next.
There he goes.
Scott recorded under water while L swam. L takin' a slight breather.
Hopin out of the water. Layton didn't have photos of the rest of the race, but we have video which I'll have to post.
Jake getting his ankle time thingy on.
Jake's next.
Takin' a breather.
I recorded Jake along side him as he transitioned to the bike. Here's Jake getting out of the water.
Papa David watching the transition. Love the support we always get from Nanner and Papa David.
Jake did awesome on the bike, he was pumped when he passed 5 kids....yes, he was counting.
Transitioning.
Running his bike to its spot.
Finishing the run. Jake was way behind this girl and he caught her and passed her. Scott was cheering him the whole way. It was awesome!!!
Here he is passing her. (I know I'm too competitive!!!)
Finishing the race.
Us and the triathletes. Dallin was a champ cheering his brothers on.
Us with Nanner and Papa David too. They are the best supporters.
The boys with Nanner and Papa David.
Nanner and Dallin chilled so that Scott and I could video. Actually Nanner helped out with taking photos too. She did a great job.
L after the race. He was pretty pumped to get a Popsicle.
J after the race....so proud!!
This is Tate, whom my boys idolize!!!! Tate is the reason my boys wanted to do this race in the first place. We love him and his family like our own!!!
L post race.
Both boys post race!!!!

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

Wow, I didn't even know there were triathlons for kids! Of course your boys are naturals! How awesome!!